Code page selection?
Rainald
2008-11-09 21:45:27 UTC
George,
are you still listening
Yes, it does indeed help.
If I can't change dBASE, then do the other one!!!
Changing the Windows code page will allow me to check all I need!
And changing Windows back after a session is simple and quick.
Problem solved!
Yes, LDCHECK is set OFF.
IMO that's not too good as a solution.
I'd suggest to use the proper DBASE1-file.
I could mail it or put it in the binaries.

There were tons postings of mine on the Codepage issues in the old
dBase-DOS group which unfortunately was killed when dBI created the new
NGs {siiiigh}

Rainald
Geoff Wass [dBVIPS]
2008-11-10 04:58:19 UTC
Post by Rainald
George,
are you still listening
Yes, it does indeed help.
If I can't change dBASE, then do the other one!!!
Changing the Windows code page will allow me to check all I need!
And changing Windows back after a session is simple and quick.
Problem solved!
Yes, LDCHECK is set OFF.
IMO that's not too good as a solution.
I'd suggest to use the proper DBASE1-file.
I could mail it or put it in the binaries.
There were tons postings of mine on the Codepage issues in the old
dBase-DOS group which unfortunately was killed when dBI created the new
NGs {siiiigh}
Rainald
Rainald,

Google Groups has quite a bit of the old stuff, though not all.
--
Geoff Wass [dBVIPS]
Montréal, Québec, Canada

.|.|.| dBASE info at http://geocities.com/geoff_wass |.|.|.
.|.|.| ---------------------------------------------------------- |.|.|.
.|.|.| IT Consultant http://Geoff_Wass.com |.|.|.
Rainald
2008-11-10 10:39:48 UTC
Post by Geoff Wass [dBVIPS]
Post by Rainald
IMO that's not too good as a solution.
I'd suggest to use the proper DBASE1-file.
I could mail it or put it in the binaries.
There were tons postings of mine on the Codepage issues in the old
dBase-DOS group which unfortunately was killed when dBI created
the new NGs {siiiigh}
Google Groups has quite a bit of the old stuff, though not all.
Will have to check there.
IMO it's too bad that the groups for the old stuff have not been taken
over.
AFAICS there still are quite some questions on dB-DOS issues as well as
VdB 5.x things.

I still have all of the stuff from the Compuserve days, some of the
Borland dBASE NGs and all of the old VdB NGs from the Katz days stored
on ZIP-disks and CD.
NG things are in the Outlook Express format but unfotunately I can not
import them as WinMail would need the accounts which do not exist any
more. {ssigh}.

And I really wonder whether perhaps someone might have cerated an
archive solution in dBase?

Rainald
Geoff Wass [dBVIPS]
2008-11-11 04:44:57 UTC
Post by Rainald
Post by Geoff Wass [dBVIPS]
Post by Rainald
[...]

Sadly I don't think anyone has come up with a solution that span all
those sources. Google Groups does have the early years of dBASE Inc.

Rainald
2008-11-11 17:40:54 UTC
Post by Geoff Wass [dBVIPS]
Post by Rainald
IMO it's too bad that the groups for the old stuff have not been
taken over.
AFAICS there still are quite some questions on dB-DOS issues as
well as VdB 5.x things.
I still have all of the stuff from the Compuserve days, some of the
Borland dBASE NGs and all of the old VdB NGs from the Katz days
stored on ZIP-disks and CD.
NG things are in the Outlook Express format but unfotunately I can
not import them as WinMail would need the accounts which do not
exist any more. {ssigh}.
And I really wonder whether perhaps someone might have cerated an
archive solution in dBase?
Sadly I don't think anyone has come up with a solution that span all
those sources. Google Groups does have the early years of dBASE Inc.
Put checking tehre on my ToDo-list.

Rainald