Serial number
Rainald Taesler
2008-10-14 21:05:51 UTC
Tonight I paid and downloaded the Educational version.

When I try to install, I'm prompted for a serial number.
Where might get that from?

Rainald
Geoff Wass [dBVIPS]
2008-10-16 04:42:43 UTC
Post by Rainald Taesler
Tonight I paid and downloaded the Educational version.
When I try to install, I'm prompted for a serial number.
Where might get that from?
Rainald
Rainald,

Long time no see! Nice to see you around again. To answer your question,
you would do best to contact customer support directly. They may not see
your question here.
--
Geoff Wass [dBVIPS]
Montréal, Québec, Canada

.|.|.| dBASE info at http://geocities.com/geoff_wass |.|.|.
.|.|.| ---------------------------------------------------------- |.|.|.
.|.|.| IT Consultant http://Geoff_Wass.com |.|.|.
Rainald Taesler
2008-10-17 15:59:52 UTC
Post by Geoff Wass [dBVIPS]
Post by Rainald Taesler
Tonight I paid and downloaded the Educational version.
When I try to install, I'm prompted for a serial number.
Where might get that from?
Long time no see! Nice to see you around again.
Thanks for the greetings!
Yes I have not been active in the dBASE-cosmos for a looooong time. And
I have been hardly doing anything with dBASE (except using my old
compiled dBDOS 5.0 apps and some VdB 5 stuff).
But at present I'm preparing a project for my students and so I ordered
the latest version.
Post by Geoff Wass [dBVIPS]
To answer your
question, you would do best to contact customer support directly.
They may not see your question here.
Thanks for the pointer.
I meanwhile received an automated e-mail telling me "if the purchase is
made for instructional purposes", they would need "a signed letter
stating this fact on the educational institution's letterhead" and I
would be sent a serial number after having provided the proof for my
usage for "instructional purposes".

I'm wondering if anybody from the staff at dBI might still remember me
as a professor (and the speaker of the German dBASE User Group) and if
it might not be sufficient to send a link to my personal page on the
university's website.
This might speed up things as the dean is out of the country in the
moment.

Hoping you are well
kindest regards
Rainald
Geoff Wass [dBVIPS]
2008-10-18 05:20:39 UTC
Post by Rainald Taesler
Post by Geoff Wass [dBVIPS]
[...]

Sometimes rules are rules (and someone in your field of study probably
knows that better than I :-D ). Check with them first, but I'd bet you
could scan something on letterhead and e-mail it.

Marty Kay
2008-10-31 16:58:47 UTC
Rainald,

I just came across this thread.

I remember you!

I just checked with customer service and they are now releasing the serial
number to you.

Thank you!

- Marty -

Martin Kay
dataBased Intelligence, Inc.
Rainald
Rainald Taesler
2008-11-03 14:04:47 UTC
Thanks a million Marty!
Great to have some old frinds ;-)
I received a mail with the number and I'll install the new version
immediately after having checked it there are issues needing attention
with Vista Business.

Thanks again and kindest regards
Rainald
Rainald
Roland Wingerter
2008-10-19 15:02:31 UTC
Post by Geoff Wass [dBVIPS]
Nice to see you around again.
-------
A great pleasure indeed.

Are you planning to attend the dBASE D-A-C-H user group conference next
month?

Roland
Rainald Taesler
2008-10-20 22:12:42 UTC
Post by Geoff Wass [dBVIPS]
Post by Geoff Wass [dBVIPS]
Nice to see you around again.
-------
A great pleasure indeed.
Thanks, Roland
Post by Geoff Wass [dBVIPS]
Are you planning to attend the dBASE D-A-C-H user group conference
next month?
I hope to make it this year.

Rainald
Roland Wingerter
2008-10-22 12:18:49 UTC
Post by Rainald Taesler
Post by Roland Wingerter
Are you planning to attend the dBASE D-A-C-H user group conference
next month?
I hope to make it this year.
--------
Hope to see you!

Roland
Ronnie MacGregor
2008-10-19 19:14:57 UTC
On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 23:05:51 +0200
Post by Rainald Taesler
Rainald
Nice to see your name pop back up after so long!

Hope you are fit and healthy, and still have that firy spirit that I remember
so well!
--
Ronnie MacGregor
Scotland

Ronnie at
dBASEdeveloper
dot co dot uk

www.dBASEdeveloper.co.uk
Rainald Taesler
2008-11-08 16:55:56 UTC
Post by Ronnie MacGregor
Nice to see your name pop back up after so long!
Thank you so much for the kind greetings, Ronnie!
Seems good to be back ;-)
Post by Ronnie MacGregor
Hope you are fit and healthy, and still have that firy spirit that
I remember so well!
{blush}

I'm getting older. No way to get around that.

As to the spirit: I'd that there will not be that much fighting
nowadays.

Thanks again
and kindest regards

Rainald